Courtenay was admitted as a Solicitor in 1986 and became a partner of BPC Lawyers in 1990. He is recognised as a Personal Injury Law Specialist by the Law Society of New South Wales. He is one of the contributing authors to the Personal Injury Law Manual in New South Wales, published by the Law Book Company.
He has extensive knowledge in the following areas:
- Public liability claims
- Road accident claims
- Medical negligence compensation claims
- Insurance law
- Protective law
Courtenay Poulden has a long history of helping clients with the compensation they’re entitled to. He is part of the Australian Lawyers Alliance and the American Trial Lawyers Association and is an expert in mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolutions.
- Law Society of NSW
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Law Council of Australia
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Motor Accident Authority Committee for Catastrophically Injured Children
- New South Wales Rugby Union Judicial Officer
- New South Wales Rugby Union Appeals Committee
- Member of Australia Lawyers